Catherine Reviews..

Sunday, September 23, 2012

What is a review?

I created this blog to review stuff and by stuff I mean everything and anything. To help to communicate what I mean by 'review stuff' I will copy and paste the Wikipedia article that describes/defines 'Review':

review is an evaluation of a publication, a product, a service or a company such as a movie (amovie review), video gamemusical composition (music review of a composition or recording), book(book review); a piece of hardware like a carhome appliance, or computer; or an event or performance, such as a live music concert, a play, musical theater show or dance show. In addition to a critical evaluation, the review's author may assign the work a rating to indicate its relative merit. More loosely, an author may review current events, trends, or items in the news.

From the definition you can see that I will be reviewing lots of different things from products to events and everything in between. I will be 'critically evaluating' stuff as I see fit.

For the purposes of easy comprehension I will also assign a numerical grade (from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, one the lowest) to everything in order to easily indicate my level of satisfaction with the product. Although as I am not an expert on all things I cannot claim that my review/rating has any value in determining the usefulness or actual value of any of the things I review and my opinion may change at anytime and without notice.

Enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment