Catherine Reviews..

Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Favourites



By Terry Aqualip tint in Dancefloor flirt: I love lipsticks, the brighter the better but the problem I have with lipsticks, bright ones especially is that they’re just so fussy, all that reapplying not to mention all that smudging on your teeth coffee cup, boyfriend etc. This lip tint, however, gives you a sufficiently bright lip without all that hassle. I’ve been wearing this pretty much everyday since I bought it about 3 weeks ago. I also previously did a swatch post on this product if you want more info. 

Origins Super Spot remover: My previous experience with spot removers has led me to believe that they are essentially expensive tubes of uselessness. However, after seeing this on various blogs and whatnot I went out and purchased it and was not disappointed. This one pretty much does what is says on the bottle. I had exams recently which resulted in a couple of spots here and there and this definitely helped clear them up. It is pretty drying so be aware of that and it’s not exactly a miracle worker, it won’t always make spots vanish overnight. But it certainly helps them heal faster with less irritation. I will definitely repurchase this although it seems to be lasting ages!

Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid: I have really really really dry lips. I pretty much have to apply some sort of balm every couple of hours just to stop them drying out. The worst part is though I often have to switch up what balm/treatment I’m using because after awhile my lips get used to it and my previously championed product becomes useless. Lanolips Lemonaid came in handy when even my trusty Paw Paw treatment didn’t work, it left my lips feeling soft and moisturised. It has a very fresh and distinct lemon scent and taste. It does have a lot of glitter in it which is fine enough so you don’t really notice it but a bit weird considering it’s an ointment.

Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Ecolosion: I bought this when I got sucked into going to a Chanel launch event thing (I think they were launching Perfection Lumber foundation). Anyway, MUA used this quad on me and I really like the Chanel quads so I bought it. I really like the colours for a subtle eye especially the brown and the pink colours and the purple colour is great to bring out the green in my eyes. The only disappointment was the lightest colour, it has massive chunks of glitter in it but no real pigmentation in the shadow, it is kind of bizarre.  These eyeshadows are reasonably pigmented, blendable and last forever. They are totally worth the $$ if you’re a fan of Chanel make up like I am. 

Nylon Magazine, October US edition: I’ve only just gotten into reading magazines as I never read them as a teenager. I picked this one up after exams to de-stress and I really liked it despite the fact that it’s a month old. I’m probably going to do a post a review on a few magazines I’ve been reading lately and this will definitely feature in it. 

I hope you enjoyed this favourites post and it wasn't too long. Let me know what you have been liking this month or if you have tried any of my November favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment