Catherine Reviews..

Monday, January 21, 2013

(Nearly) Empties: REN & Avene



I'm pretty slow at getting through products so it's always pretty exciting when I get the end of something especially if it is something that I hadn't tried and repurchased before. There's always a fair bit of considering to do when this happens. Did it actually work? Was it worth the money? Will I repurchase it? Won't I?

Today I'm going to share with you two products in attempt to answer the above questions.
Firstly there's the REN Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Polish which claims to be a manual exfoliant for sensitive skin. My skin is sensitive but also quite congested and definitely needs good exfoliation without the risk of over irritating the skin. For this purpose the soft Jojoba microbeads combined with the mild cleanser are pretty much perfect although I felt in making it suitable for sensitive skin it may have compromised the effectiveness of the exfoliation. But definitely not enough for me to not consider repurchasing. As it is so gentle I can actually use it over all of my face (not just in the T-zone like I have to for some others) without making my face too dry and I can also use it almost daily without problems.

It's definitely something that I would recommend for anyone who has sensitive but slightly congested or flaky skin. As for the repurchasing question, I probably won't buy it again straight away as I want to try some chemical-based forms of exfoliation but if that doesn't work this would definitely be a fall-back product for me!

Secondly, is the Avene Soothing eye contour cream which I sort of bought on a whim whilst I was buying something else and saw that the Avene range was on sale. I love the idea behind their range as it's all about treating skin that is sensitive to varying degrees but still having products that work, the range is hypoallergenic and non comedogenic. I decided to get this eye cream because I'd never used one before and I thought it'd help my often tired eyes. After using it for about 6 months (the 10ml tube lasts ages!) I have definitively decided that I would repurchase it. It made my eyes feel so much better and even seemed to brighten them a little. It's very light and soothing and I have had no adverse reactions to it at all, it is also very good value considering how expensive eye creams can beI think I bought it for under the $30 mark.

Have you tried either of these products? Would you repurchase them?

<3
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment